Sunday 24 October 2010

Fashion, Art and Culture Final Artefact


My final artefact turned out a lot better than I had expected. I did not expect it to stand up alone and thought it would need to be hung up in exhibition, but I think I made the right choice on the scale of the metal shapes and the technique I used to attach them together, as this left less space between each shape, giving the bag support to stand alone, as if it were made from a sheet of metal, but also allowed it to have a slight slouch, like it would have had if it had been made from fabric.

I think it reflects more the theme of Paco Rabanne well, as the linking of metal (and plastic in his work) shapes was one of Rabanne’s signature techniques. I also think that there is a subtle hint to Trash Fashion and Throwaway Culture if you look closely to see that it is made from aluminium drinks cans.

 Final Artefact: Front View

Final Artefact: Side View

Final Artefact: Close-Up of Metal Shapes on Front (same on the back)

Final Artefact: Close-Up of Side Metal Shapes

Final Artefact: Close-Up of Front Top Corner (same on the back)

No comments:

Post a Comment